August 20, 2014
August 15, 2014
1. Mothers of the world: keep your hands on the wheel and your iPhones off your babies in the backseat. I'm sure your precious children are capable of cute shit at home.
2. I love my friends, especially the ones who know better than to dare me to dump a bucket of ice water on my head. Consider us old-fashioned; we like to directly donate money to charities we wholeheartedly support.
3. The Ariana Grande video for "Break Free" (featuring Zedd, can't forget about him) debuted this week. I didn't think it was possible to produce a prozac-induced remake of Britney's 2000 classic "Oops I Did It Again," but here we are (seriously, I like the girl, but she must have more than two facial expressions in her):
4. This trailer for The Babadook. I'm getting some serious The Others vibes. My guess: there is no monster. The mom is just going nuts and ends up murdering her child. The end.
5. And finally, not so much as a rant but a reflection: Watching Mrs. Doubtfire, The Birdcage, and Dead Poets Society will be all the more special from now on.
August 03, 2014
Out went Jess Cagle and in came Matt Bean as the mag's Editor in Chief.
Bean hails from SportsIllustrated.com, and his headshots (below) apparently hail from the School of Dapper Gentlemen. Which makes me wonder if we'll be seeing a lot more of this photogenic writer on TV (morning news, talk shows, etc). The above photo was taken for last month's Comic-Con issue, so naturally, Bean had to perfect his "hot nerd" look.
Either way, whether or not they're prescription lenses, the glasses are a nice touch.
Where the hell did July go? Are we really two-thirds into the year already?
For August I could showcase Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do" or Jessie J's collab with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, "Bang Bang," but that would be a bit predictable, no?
Coming out of nowhere is Sia's "Big Girls Cry," a stirring track from her latest album. Consider me mesmerized:
OUT: Spring cleaning. FIVE MINUTES AGO: Spring training. IN: Spring listening. Hop aboard the Spring Express with these 30+ tunes ...
When one nostalgically binges on all seven seasons of The Golden Girls like me (I swear I have a life), you pick up on a few things. C...
Ten years ago, a young woman named Felicity Porter graduated from the fictitious University of New York and embarked on a new life with Ben...