So, you hated the new Terminator. You're pumped for the new season of So You Think You Can Dance. And you can smell those 4th of July hot dogs right around the corner. Yes, summer is steppin' out, ready to bewilder, bewitch and bother. And what's summer without another mix compiled by yours truly?
Go ahead, sync this playlist to your iPod and toss it in the beach bag next to that trashy paperback and SPF 30. You can thank me when the last track is played...
1. "Outta Here" by Esmee Denters:
2. "Road Trip" by Darin
3. "Goodbye" by Kristinia DeBarge
4. "Energetic" by BoA
5. "I Do Not Hook Up" by Kelly Clarkson
6. "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks - Thankfully, no Pat Benatar samples found here.
7. "In the Heat of the Night" by Star Pilots
8. "Let's Get Excited" by Alesha Dixon:
9. "Blame It" by Jamie Foxx - The perfect excuse for that steamy one-night stand after your friend's beach party.
10. "Wanted" by Jessie James - Sample her HERE.
11. "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston:
12. "When Love Takes Over" by David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland - Possibly the definitive dance single of the summer.
13. "Mad World" by Adam Lambert
14. "Walking on a Dream" by Empire of the Sun - See what all the fuss is about HERE.
15. "Black Coffin" by His Orchestra
16. "Use Somebody (RAC Remix)" by Kings of Leon
17. "Lonely Alcholic" by Mika - Dedicated to that sad drunk girl you see at every barbecue and pool party you attend.
18. "Rubber Lover" by Marmaduke Duke:
19. "Just Like That" by Danny
20. "Stand and Deliver" by No Doubt
21. "No Boundaries" by Kris Allen - It's definitely not summer without another Midwest-skewering pop-rock single from the latest Idol winner. You'll like it...for a week.
22. "A Little Too Not Over You (Jason Nevins Remix)" by David Archuleta - This single from The Little Mormon That Could gets a club makeover that's so damn irresistible, you won't mind those puppy-love lyrics.