Passport to Peru: The 2013 Fall Playlist, Vol. 2
I couldn't ask for a better collection of delightful earworms that will provide some much-needed entertainment on 8-hour flights, excursions through Machu Picchu, and late nights in Lima. Ears up, kids...
1. "High Society" by Betty Who - I'm kicking off things with the Australian chick who provided the song in that Home Depot marriage proposal that went viral earlier this month. Sure, "Somebody Loves You" is a great roller disco anthem from the 80s, but it's this catchier, sparkling gem that has made me an obsessed fan of the indie pop tart. It's perfect for any run-away-and-forget-your-problems scenario. Play it. Then repeat. And repeat again:
2. "Heart Out" by The 1975 - The 80s continue to make a comeback in this British alt-rock-pop ditty from a group that deserves some of your recognition. Press play over HERE.
3. "In The Stars (Galaxy Mix)" by Icona Pop
4. "Shot At The Night" by The Killers - M83 produces for Brandon Flowers & Co. on this pretty awesome single that returns the group to its electro-rock roots. Listen HERE.
5. "No Strings" by Chloe Howl
6. "You Make Me" by Avicii feat.
7. "Hero" by Jessie J
8. "Piano" by Ariana Grande - This girl's got potential, and this track is easily beats her current single, "Baby I":
9. "Gorilla" by Bruno Mars
10. "Work Bitch" by Britney Spears - As much as will.i.am may be ruining Brit-Brit's musical integrity with this derivative piece of club trash, it's still club trash you can get drunk to.
11. "Overdose" by Ciara
12. "A Light That Never Comes" by Linkin Park & Steve Aoki
13. "Sorry" by Naya Rivera feat. Big Sean
14. "The Way We Are" by Aiden Grimshaw
15. "I'll Be Around" by Empire of the Sun
16. "Spirit" by Deloreon
17. "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus
18. "Disco Love" by The Saturdays
19. "Vacation" by G.R.L.
20. "Stay The Night" by Zedd feat. Hayley Williams
21. "L.A. Story" by Sammy Adams feat. Mike Posner