February 21, 2008
Chillaxed: Spring 2008
If you're like me, you're probably getting sick of the winter weather and pining for warmer days and new episodes of Pushing Daisies. Spring may still be a few weeks away, but at least you'll have these must-listens to prep yourself for the freshest of seasons:
1. "Dangerous" by M. Pokora featuring Timbaland & Sebastian
2. "Surveillance" by Wynter Gordon
3. "Daylight" by Kelly Rowland & Travis McCoy
4. "Underneath" by Alanis Morissette *My girl is back, ever so articulate and contemplative.
5. "Can't Speak French" by Girls Aloud
6. "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" by Paula Abdul *Overproduced, yes, but irresistibly retro...the "Straight Up" of the new millennium.
7. "Soulmate (Frenglish Version)" by Natasha Bedingfield
8. "Map of the Problematique" by Muse
9. "Mercy" by Duffy *Break out the go-go boots and fall in love with the next Amy Winehouse.
10. "With Every Heartbeat" by Robyn
11. "My Cool" by Adam Tensta *If you like your Kanye Swedish and more electronic.
12. "Bonafied Lovin'" by Chromeo
13. "I Thought It Was Over" by The Feeling
14. "Work (Freemasons Edit)" by Kelly Rowland
15. "Stop and Stare" by OneRepublic *Sure, their safe pop-rock may be for tools and divorced soccer moms, but there's something endearing about them being the next Vertical Horizon.
16. "Surrender" by Blake Lewis
17. "Selfish" by Asia Cruise
18. "Some Kind of Rush" by Booty Luv *To get you pumped for that early morning cardio session.
19. "Ride Like The Wind" by Michael Mind
20. "Let's Dance" by Hi-Tack
21. "Because" by Madita
22. "Rock With U" by Janet
23. "Wow" by Kylie Minogue
OUT: Spring cleaning. FIVE MINUTES AGO: Spring training. IN: Spring listening. Hop aboard the Spring Express with these 30+ tunes ...
When one nostalgically binges on all seven seasons of The Golden Girls like me (I swear I have a life), you pick up on a few things. C...
Ten years ago, a young woman named Felicity Porter graduated from the fictitious University of New York and embarked on a new life with Ben...