I feel it is my duty to prep all of you for what is to come in 2008. Allow me to predict the next big singles of the new year that shall dominate the airwaves once the hectic holiday season dies down. Consider it a cheat sheet to use while you're burning off the eggnog and cookies at the gym come January. Brush up, kids:
1. "Feedback" by Janet Jackson > Hotness squared. Miss Jackson delivers on this promising, albeit overproduced, kickoff single from her tenth album, Discipline, in stores this spring. Smell that? Should be a definite comeback.
2. "Outta My Head" by Ashlee Simpson > Timbaland officially sells out and lays it down for Ashlee's first single off of her third studio album. 80s dance-punk has never sounded so contrived.
3. "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis > Her debut album hits stores in March (she's already huge in the UK), and she's been called the next Mariah or Whitney (y'know, when they could actually sing).
4. "Scream" by Timbaland featuring Nicole Scherzinger and Keri Hilson > Tim's fourth single from his impressive solo album will premiere its video on January 15.
5. "Livin' a Lie" by The Dream featuring Rihanna > My favorite of the crop - Rihanna guest stars on The Dream's latest album, Lovehate and blows us away with this irresistible and bouncin' duet.
6. "How Many Words" by Blake Lewis > B-Shorty gets in touch with his inner Erasure on this hypnotic track from the electric Audio Day Dream.
7. "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield > You heard it on the finale of The Hills. Surely to follow her duet with Sean Kingston as the second single from her second U.S. release.
8. "Let's Dance" by Hi-Tack > David Bowie's 80s classic gets another makeover, this time as a straight-up dance track from the masters of house.
9. "B Boy Baby" by Mutya Buena featuring Amy Winehouse > 60s doo-wop meets girly R&B on this collaboration from the former Sugababe and everyone's favorite British trainwreck.
10. "4 Minutes to Save the World" by Madonna > Madge attempts to save her dignity while saving the world with this rumored-to-be first single from her next album. Timbaland (shocker) spreads himself thin and produces.
Pencils down. Radios ready. Tune in.
Coming soon...2007: REWIND, my annual year-end review...It's so big, you may need...um, well, it's just big. Look out.
Sweden sure knows how to crank out some pop. Hearts & Colors, a duo from the northern European country, has come out with "Too...
When one nostalgically binges on all seven seasons of The Golden Girls like me (I swear I have a life), you pick up on a few things. C...
I was eight when my mother and I caught a teaser for a new sitcom "coming to ABC" called Roseanne . It featured Roseanne Barr a...