CHANGE: Fall 2008, Vol. 2
No matter where you stand, the truth is undeniable: our country is going through an enormous transition (and it doesn't involve foliage). Frankly, it's exciting as hell.
And what better way to celebrate this new chapter in our history than with a soundtrack to guide you through it all? We'll need all the good tunage we can get while we clean up the mess we're in...iPods ready?
1. "Womanizer" by Britney Spears
2. "Let It Rock" by Kevin Rudolph feat. Lil Wayne
3. "Up" by The Saturdays
4. "Insomnia" by Craig David - Take Ne-Yo's "Closer" and a dash of Chris Brown's "Forever," and voila...
5. "Return the Favor" by Keri Hilson feat. Timbaland - Or, The Way I Are, Part 2:
6. "Last Goodbye" by Avenue
7. "Party in Your Bedroom" by Cash Cash
8. "Human" by The Killers - It's nice to see the boys getting back to their "Mr. Brightside" roots.
9. "Breathing Your Love" by Darin feat. Kat DeLuna
10. "Eat You Up" by Boa - Proving cute Asian girls aren't just for collecting Hello Kitty memorabilia, this Korean import kills:
11. "Taking Back My Love" by Enrique Iglesias feat. Ciara
12. "Don't Want to Go to Bed Now" by Gabriella Cilmi
13. "Starstruck" by Lady GaGa feat. Space Cowboy - A track from the record Fergie and Gwen wish they'd made.
14. "Everyone's At It" by Lily Allen
15. "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" by Beyonce - Let video speak for itself:
16. "Rule the World" by Take That
17. "I Hate This Part" by The Pussycat Dolls - Can't...resist...this vapid...pop...fluff. Damn you, PCD!
18. "Boring" by Pink - Her bonus track off of Funhouse. No ex-husbands were harmed during the recording of this song.
19. "Lost" by Coldplay
20. "The Lovers Are Losing" by Keane
21. "American Boy (Live)" by Sam Sparro - The electro-soul singer from Down Under admirably covers one of the best tracks of the year (and totally makes it his own) in this live session from London.