SCORCHER: Summer of 2008, Vol. 2
It's only getting hotter out there, so cool off with some more tunage I've collected for ya. We've got the new PCD to get you pumped for that night out on the town, the latest from Duffy to help you lounge away by the pool, a welcome return by Cyndi Lauper, and another irresistible dance track from Rihanna to help you sweat off all that barbecue.
School may be getting out, but here's one more lesson on how to create that definitive summer soundtrack. Pencils ready?
1. "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay
2. "Just Dance" by Lady GaGa feat. Colby O'Donis
3. "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" by Madonna
4. "Disturbia" by Rihanna
5. "The Time of My Life" by David Cook
6. "When I Grow Up" by The Pussycat Dolls
7. "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry
8. "Into the Nightlife" by Cyndi Lauper - The girl who just wanted to have fun returns triumphantly with a single from an album that's practically her own Confessions on a Dance Floor:
9. "Labels Or Love" by Fergie
10."Closer" by Ne-Yo
11. "Break the Ice (Jason Nevins Rock Edit)" by Britney Spears - Our favorite hot mess gets an emo makeover...and it suits her.
12. "If I Never See Your Face Again" by Maroon 5 feat. Rihanna - Adam Levine dabbles in a little foreplay with the current Queen of Top 40 Collaborations:
13. "The Dynamo of Volition" by Jason Mraz
14. "Shut Up and Let Me Go" by The Ting Tings - You loved 'em in those energetic iPod commercials...now play them on your iPod.
15. "Move for Me (Radio Edit)" by Kaskade and Deadma5
16. "One Step at a Time" By Jordin Sparks
17. "21st Century Life" by Sam Sparro - Take a dash of George Michael with a little Prince flavor. Stir and serve.
18. "All Dressed in Love" by Jennifer Hudson
19. "Stars" by Kylie Minogue
20. "Warwick Avenue" by Duffy - To help you get over that summer fling while savoring a nice cold glass of lemonade and running your toes through the sand at the beach. Watch the video here.
21. "Genesis" by Justice