Buzzfeed list on my Facebook or Twitter feed every week...I would have a lot of dimes.
A website editor once told me "lists are so in right now," and it looks like he's right. No one can resist a good countdown or pop cultural ranking. Which begs to ask: Why can't we get enough of them?
1. People don't have the patience (or time) to read an actual, full-fledged article. Attention spans are shorter than ever. God forbid they have to read something longer than a paragraph.
2. Animated gifs are just so damn irresistible:
3. Judging and criticizing things in order of preference is fun!
4. Also fun? Reminiscing about old TV shows and favorite characters that are still relevant today (crafted for an ever-growing audience that are suckers for nostalgia):
5. Pictures! (Again, who wants to hurt their head and actually, y'know, read?)
6. People have shitty jobs, and this is one of the best ways to kill time and procrastinate the day away.
7. The more specific the list, the better the headline (and the better the traffic). I mean, who wouldn't click on a link promising "27 Ways You And Your Friend Are Romy And Michelle"?
8. People have a burning desire to be the first to break news or share something cool they think most of their friends will appreciate.
9. Every once in a while, there's a lesson to be learned. Case in point: The Origins of 8 Curiously Named Body Parts.
10. Less of that darn reading!
Dear Christmas, Thanksgiving here. I realize you may still be coming down from the sugar highs of Halloween ( how great were those co...
When one nostalgically binges on all seven seasons of The Golden Girls like me (I swear I have a life), you pick up on a few things. C...
Earlier this year, when the trailer for the most recent Murder on the Orient Express remake was dropped, I was hoping that someone at 20...