April 24, 2012
ECHOES: The 2012 Spring Playlist, Vol. 4
Hurry up and get on the bandwagon before summer rears its sunburnt head...
1. "Warrior" by Mark Foster, Kimbra & A-Trak - This heavenly slice of electro-pop just might turn out to be one my favorite songs of the year. With a collaboration like this, who needs to ride on Gotye's shoulders? Kimbra is spreading her wings and ready to soar. Listen:
2. "Payphone" by Maroon 5 feat. Wiz Khalifa - Adam Levine & Co. are punching in their pop card, and although the addition of Wiz is utterly unnecessary, this should satiate those looking for a sequel to last year's megahit "Moves Like Jagger."
3. "Never Close Our Eyes" by Adam Lambert
4. "Burn It Down" by Linkin Park
5. "Waiting for the Feeling" by Bright Light Bright Light
6. "Touch Me" by Katharine McPhee
7. "Unexpected" by Negin
8. "Burnin' Up" by Ne-Yo
9. "Pound The Alarm" by Nicki Minaj - Less annoying than "Starships," this bonus track is the more club-worthy head pounder...or treadmill motivator.
10. "Turn Up The Radio" by Madonna - Finally, after the misfires that were "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Girl Gone Wild," Madge has selected a song off MDNA that's worthy of being an official single.
11. "Only The Horses" by Scissor Sisters - Calvin Harris steps in as producer on this interesting single that aims to catapult the Sisters into the mainstream:
12. "Let It Go" by Dragonette
13. "Heart Vacancy" by The Wanted
14. "Dance Again" by Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - A sequel of sorts to last year's "On The Floor" that's as disposably fun as a can of silly string.
15. "Kiss Me Again" by We Are The in Crowd feat. Alex Gaskarth
16. "Cough Syrup" by Darren Criss
17. "Changes" by Dirty Vegas
18. "Earthquakey People" by Steve Aoki feat. Rivers Cuomo
19. "30 Days" by The Saturdays
20. "Ray Charles" by Chiddy Bang
21. "Boyfriend" by Justin Bieber
22. "Battle In Me" by Garbage
23. "Watching You Watch Him" by Eric Hutchinson
24. "Carry Me" by Morgan Page feat. Nadia Alo
In the early 90s, as anyone familiar with the oeuvre of uber-producer Aaron Spelling knows, the successful Beverly Hills, 90210 begat ...
When one nostalgically binges on all seven seasons of The Golden Girls like me (I swear I have a life), you pick up on a few things. C...
Earlier this year, when the trailer for the most recent Murder on the Orient Express remake was dropped, I was hoping that someone at 20...