August 27, 2013
THE SEPTEMBER SESSIONS: The 2013 Fall Playlist, Vol. 1
I consider this my own version of Vogue's super-sized September issue. Without the 100 pages of fashion ads tailored to make you feel shitty about yourself, of course.
Some of the songs here are obvious choices ("A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E"), while others may be unexpected and new to some ears (a boy band of yesteryear returns). But ultimately, each one is presented here to make you feel good and remind you to enjoy the hell out of life while you still can (isn't that right, Basement Jaxx?).
1. "Applause" by Lady Gaga
2. "Take Back The Night" by Justin Timberlake
3. "Roar" by Katy Perry
4. "Miss Movin' On" by Fifth Harmony
5. "Permanent Stain" by Backstreet Boys
6. "Best Song Ever" by One Direction
7. "Hears Like Ours" by The Naked and Famous:
8. "What A Difference Your Love Makes" by Basement Jaxx
9. "Pompeii" by Bastile
10. "Pumpin Blood" by NoNoNo
11. "King of Wishful Thinking" by Letta
12. "Sometimes" by Miami Horror
13. "Tomahawk (Edit)" by BT & Adam K
14. "Teenage Crime (Radio Edit)" by Adrian Lux
15. "My Number" by Foals
16. "First Time" by Jonas Brothers
17. "Danny, Dakota & The Wishing Well" by A Silent Film:
18. "Reload" by Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash feat. John Martin
19. "No You Girls" by Franz Ferdinand
20. "King and Lionheart" by Of Monsters and Men
Stay tuned for Volume 2...
Dear Christmas, Thanksgiving here. I realize you may still be coming down from the sugar highs of Halloween ( how great were those co...
When one nostalgically binges on all seven seasons of The Golden Girls like me (I swear I have a life), you pick up on a few things. C...
Earlier this year, when the trailer for the most recent Murder on the Orient Express remake was dropped, I was hoping that someone at 20...